Whether you’re preparing an all-hands meeting, organizing a conference or running a virtual training, these seven tips will help you make the most of Slido.
You can use these quick links to navigate. Let’s jump into it!
1. Personalize your event code
2. Learn how to manage audience Q&A
3. Learn how to use polls and quizzes
4. Display Slido to your audience
5. Share Slido before your meeting or event
6. Introduce Slido to your audience
7. Get inspired by some creative poll templates
Event code is a unique code your attendees will use to join Slido during your event.
All they need to do is go to slido.com, type in your event code, and they’re ready to join the conversation.
Here are a few ideas on how you can customize it:
- Abbreviate the name of your conference, e.g., #FOM20
- Match it with your Twitter hashtag, e.g., #HRconference
- Use the name of your team meeting, e.g., #WeeklyRetro
Using Slido, you can crowdsource the best questions at your meetings or conferences. Attendees can upvote the questions they find relevant, which allows you to prioritize the top ones and see what resonates with your audience.
Here are three tips to run an effective Q&A session with Slido:
- Introduce Slido at the beginning to ensure attendees know about the opportunity to ask questions
- Encourage people to upvote the questions and post new ones during your meeting or presentation
- Have a moderator or a meeting facilitator to facilitate the discussion on stage or in your meeting room
Pro tip: Turn on moderation (available in all our paid plans) to filter out irrelevant or inappropriate questions before your audience can see them.
Live polls and quizzes are a great way to engage both your onsite and remote participants. The results will be updated in real-time on the presentation screen as well as on the participants’ devices as they send their votes.
When running polls at your meeting or a conference, remember to:
- Allow enough time for people to send in their votes
- Comment on the live results displayed on the screen and set them in context
- View the results in your Analytics where you can also export them.
To show Slido on a screen, you will need a laptop displaying the Slido Present mode and a stable internet connection. You can connect your computer to a projector or a secondary screen or simply share your screen during a meeting or a video conference.
Learn how to display Slido in this short video:
Planning to use one computer to display both Slido and your presentation?
Switcher allows you to switch seamlessly between your slides and Slido questions or polls. With a single click, you can display your poll results or the top voted questions and then return to exactly where you left off. Learn more
Before your company meeting
- Include the event code or a direct link in your calendar invite
- Brief your Slido Admin who will help you approve and highlight questions
Pro tip: To include your remote employees, be sure to check out this guide.
Before your conference
- Inform speakers in advance by sending them an email with details about how Slido works. Offer to upload their poll questions for their sessions
- Brief the moderators and room managers so they introduce Slido before each session
Here’s a short video that you can share with your speakers and moderators to brief them:
A good introduction is critical to get your attendees or colleagues on board with Slido. When you’re ready to begin, let your participants know you’ll be using Slido and explain the steps for joining the conversation.
Here’s a script that you can use to introduce Slido:
We want to make sure we address your most important questions at today’s event/meeting. Therefore, we’ll be using a simple interaction tool called Slido [sly-dough] that allows you to submit your questions and express your opinion via live polls. To join:
- Simply take out your smartphone and open your browser
- Go to slido.com and enter the event code… (e.g. #TechLive2020).
- You can now ask questions and vote for the best ones.
- Let’s start with a quick poll.
Pro tip: Run a quick icebreaker poll to help people get familiar with Slido right from the start.
We’ve put together a collection of some great poll questions to engage your audience. Here are our favorite examples.
Kick-off your meeting on a fun note
Have you ever joined an online meeting…
- from your bed
- while having breakfast
- in your PJs
- from the bathroom
Learn more about your audience’s background
What is your current role?
- Business Development
Capture the expectations of your audience
What would you like to learn today? (open text)
What do you expect to get out of this workshop/meeting? (open text)